King’s Pantry is our food bank that provides practical support for local people in financial need. Since it started in 2013 we have delivered food parcels fortnightly to around 15 families or individuals. During this time we have given out over 12,000 items of food, toiletries and household products. These have mainly been provided through the generous donations of Bethany Community Church members, to whom we are so grateful. We have also received Harvest Festival collections from Manland Primary School and Batford Methodist Church. Over Christmas 2015 and 2016 we were blessed by the Co-Op in Southdown, who helped us collect a vast amount of food and other items for our Christmas Hampers. Through King’s Pantry and Harpenden Money Advice Centre we have seen a number of people’s lives turned around. It is great to have the opportunity to show people the unconditional love of God through practical support. The good news is that during 2016 we have seen 4 households get to the point where they no longer need our support. This means that their finances are moving in the right direction and they are moving out of debt. King’s Pantry is supported by a great team of volunteers who sacrificially give their time to this amazing work.
If you would like to donate items to the King’s Pantry food bank, please contact our church office. If you are in a position where you are struggling with debt please get in touch with Harpenden Money Advice Centre, as our food bank referrals come directly from them
Here is a list of all the items we are asking to be donated:
No perishable foods. Dry or canned only please.
- Tinned – meat, fish, vegetables, baked beans, spaghetti, stew, chilli con carne, puddings, custard, fruit
- Packets – rice, pasta, noodles, crisps, instant whip, lunch snacks, breakfast cereals
- Drinks – tea, coffee, sugar, long-life milk, drinking chocolate
- Household items – cleaning products, washing up liquid, dish cloths, tea towels, kitchen roll, washing powder
- Toiletries – Soap (liquid and bars), toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet rolls, facial tissues, shaving cream, deodorant, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner